- Permanent Full Time
- Stunning location – Lindenow, East-Gippsland
One of Australia’s leading vegetable growers, located in the beautiful Lindenow Valley in East-Gippsland is offering an exciting new role. We are looking for an experienced Processing Manager on a full-time basis. Reporting directly to the General Manager, Sales and Supply Chain.
About the role:
The Processing Manager is responsible for the coordination, monitoring and control of the processing and distribution of Bulmer Farms produce. Establishing, implementing, and facilitating systems that support the business to achieve people safe strategies, compliance, and supply demand. Creating a culture of quality, safety, accountability, and continuous improvement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the overall operations of the Processing and Distribution Department and the teams operating within
- Manage processes, including constantly reviewing and seeking process improvements
- Financial management of Department costs, including reviewing costings and margins, creating, and managing operating budgets and costs
- Work with the Quality team to:
- Ensure compliance with business and regulatory OH&S standards.
- Ensure compliance with customer, Freshcare and other quality-based food safety standards
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Staff management, including, rostering, team building, training, communication, and time management
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A qualification in food technology, manufacturing management or horticulture.
- Management experience, preferably in food processing or vegetable production
- Proven ability to find efficiencies and implement process improvements
- Proven ability to engage with, motivate, support, encourage and develop team members
- Strong ability to efficiently plan, resources and schedules in a complex multi-shift environment
- Knowledge of the food processing industry and food safety / HACCP principles
- Manage self-awareness and self-discipline required for long hours and intermittent pressure filled situations
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products
- Strong planning, project management and organisation skills
Bulmer Farms is a growing family business that values respect, safety and accountability. We believe that with great people, we can consistently grow our business.
For further information and a full position description, please email: email@example.com
Applications close Wednesday, 2nd September 2020