Bulmer Farms – Training Manager
One of Australia’s leading vegetable growers, located in the beautiful Lindenow Valley in East-Gippsland, is seeking an experienced training manager to lead our learning and development strategy, manage its implementation and measure its impact. The successful candidate will be passionate about learning and excited about the prospect of joining this successful business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and assessing learning and development needs across the business
- Ensure training is in alignment with business goals
- Evaluate individual performance to ensure training is meeting business needs and improving performance
- Identify training needs by consulting with stakeholders and using needs assessments
- Develop and oversee delivery of training solutions that meet business needs
- Optimise training processes for efficiency
- Be aware of current legislation and compliance obligations within the business and schedule training accordingly
- Take an active training focussed role in meetings at all levels, including toolbox meetings that are run across the business
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A qualification in Education or Business OR
- Approximately 3 years’ experience working in a training role, preferably on farm or in a manufacturing / processing environment.
- A well-developed knowledge and understanding of:
- learning and development best practices
- training program development and management
- identifying business learning needs and developing strategies
- Strong planning, staff management and organisation skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify business learning needs and develop strategies
- Proven ability to collaborate and consult to obtain strategic business outcomes
- Capacity to engage constructively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve high quality outcomes.
Bulmer Farms is a business that values respect, safety and accountability. We believe that with great people, we can grow our business. If you enjoy working in a friendly and supportive environment that offers diversity and challenge, this role may be what you have been looking for.
For further information and a full position description, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 24th June 2021
Production Horticulture Traineeship
- Permanent Full Time
- Certificate III
- Learn while you earn.
Do not miss this opportunity to earn while you gain a qualification and start a career in an exciting industry. The Production Horticulture Trainee will gain an understanding of all tasks associated in the Growing Operations function of Bulmer Farms.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Understand and participate in planting operations for direct seeded crops and seedlings to the highest possible standard.
- Understand and participate in the preparation of soil for planting/seeding crops, including the use and operation of tractors, bed former’s, discs, tillers, and other implements.
- Understand the requirements and participate in chemical application to crops- including fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides
- Prioritise the safety of everyone on site by following Work Health and Safety guidelines
- Understand and perform irrigation tasks required for vegetable crops
- Conduct basic irrigation infrastructure repairs
- In conjunction with other Growing Operations Team members, ensure farm presentation is maintained to the highest possible standard
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A passion and interest in the horticulture industry
- A high level of motivation with a can-do attitude
- A willingness to learn and contribute to business outcomes
- A strong commitment to completing the traineeship
- Good communication and computer skills
- Good planning, time management and organisation skills
- The ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Bulmer Farms is a growing family business that values respect, safety and accountability. We believe that with great people, we can consistently grow our business. If you enjoy working in a friendly and supportive environment that offers diversity and challenge, this may be the right fit for you.
For a full position description, please email: email@example.com
Applications must include a cover letter and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org