Production Horticulture Traineeship
- Permanent Full Time
- Certificate III
- Learn while you earn.
Do not miss this opportunity to earn while you gain a qualification and start a career in an exciting industry. The Production Horticulture Trainee will gain an understanding of all tasks associated in the Growing Operations function of Bulmer Farms.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Understand and participate in planting operations for direct seeded crops and seedlings to the highest possible standard.
- Understand and participate in the preparation of soil for planting/seeding crops, including the use and operation of tractors, bed former’s, discs, tillers, and other implements.
- Understand the requirements and participate in chemical application to crops- including fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides
- Prioritise the safety of everyone on site by following Work Health and Safety guidelines
- Understand and perform irrigation tasks required for vegetable crops
- Conduct basic irrigation infrastructure repairs
- In conjunction with other Growing Operations Team members, ensure farm presentation is maintained to the highest possible standard
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A passion and interest in the horticulture industry
- A high level of motivation with a can-do attitude
- A willingness to learn and contribute to business outcomes
- A strong commitment to completing the traineeship
- Good communication and computer skills
- Good planning, time management and organisation skills
- The ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Bulmer Farms is a growing family business that values respect, safety and accountability. We believe that with great people, we can consistently grow our business. If you enjoy working in a friendly and supportive environment that offers diversity and challenge, this may be the right fit for you.
For a full position description, please email: email@example.com
Applications must include a cover letter and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org